Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rose colored glasses

I’m a little bummed I didn’t keep up on this blog during my pregnancy. I SO love being pregnant and I wish I would have expressed my feelings more on paper so I could remember all the things I loved about it. But even more, I should have kept a better record of the not so fun parts. While I have great pregnancies, I still am utterly exhausted day in and day out. I get nauseous and eat constantly. I watched food network every night and found myself in the kitchen at 10pm trying to make huevoes rancheros and guacamole, hence the 40 lb weight gain. I had early labor and bedrest, backaches and aching feet. Yet, when I look back I remember all those things fondly. I long for the feeling of a kicking baby back inside of me, seeing the baby on the ultrasound for the first time, seeing my stomach grow and dreaming of what he might be like. I have a way of looking back at life’s events through rose colored glasses. This third c-section I suffered from a terrible spinal headache for nearly six weeks yet all I feel is utter joy when I recall the events of his birth. This is a problem. I just don’t know how to stop. But it’s a problem I’ll take. Makes life a little sweeter to focus on the good sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment