Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top Ten

So in light of my last post and my obsession with pregnancy and childbirth, I have decided to make a list of all I enjoy while NOT being pregnant.


1. I know what you are all thinking, wine. While the thought of lowering my blood pressure and dozing off in the evening to a nice red wine sounds heavenly, I still have yet to add that to my list thanks to breastfeeding.


2.A daily dose of caffeine. I know I should keep this somewhat limited as well due to nursing but it’s the one thing that I think of at 3:00am that makes me smile. After a crazy morning trying to herd everyone out of the house, I pick up my latte, take a sip and take a deep breath. Heaven in a travel mug.


3.Deli Meat. Yes, I avoided deli meat while pregnant due to the ever so..common..threat of listeria. Didn’t you know? Now I can have a healthy quick lunch with some good old turkey. Nitrate free of course, let’s not get crazy.


4.A hot bath. Three and a half years ago when we built our house, I insisted I needed a jetted tub. It has been used twice.


5.Paint fumes. Ok, maybe I don’t enjoy them but it’s nice to get back to my old “take on too many projects” self.


6.Soft cheeses. Not that I indulge on blue cheese but it’s nice to go out to lunch and not study the menu to be sure my salad has the appropriate type of cheese.


7.Swordfish. Ok, I don’t really eat swordfish but it only made me worry about of other fish and mercury levels.


8.Second hand smoke. OK! I don’t enjoy this either but it will be nice not to hold my breath and glare at the smokers trying to get them to notice my bulging belly and see their harmful habit. Although the lack of oxygen to the baby might be more harmful than the puff of smoke….


9.Energy. I must admit, the first trimester I often found myself napping in my car or wherever I could find a quiet space. I may not get any sleep but at least my body is not trying to grow a human inside. And let’s not forget, now I can inject caffeine.


10.Holding my babies close. Probably one of the best reasons. My boys can sometimes be rough and I worry when I’m pregnant about them kicking the baby or hurting him. Towards the end I can’t lift much. And with a huge belly, it’s hard to hold my other ones close on my lap and in a rocking chair. So today I will enjoy a flat (eh hmm) stomach and enjoy my three precious boys.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent list. I made one similar when I was preggo but decided it was a little too PG-13 to put out there. Lol! One thing missing - Sushi! But I guess it's kinda covered under Swordfish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thank Lena. Yes, I'm sure I could add a few more. We can talk over dinner. I was actually just talking to someone yesterday about sushi. I'm not a big fan so I don't miss out on it too much :)

    ReplyDelete