Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can you not hear that?!

Ok, I’ll admit it’s partially my fault for sleeping with the video monitor 6 inches from my face but I wake up if my child as much as moves his left toe. So how is it my husband is still snoring after 15 minutes of wailing?? I keep hearing that some babies just have to learn to cry it out. With my first child, he never had to do much more than whimper and I had him scooped up in my arms. After 6 months with my second waking every couple hours I thought I better let him cry at least a few minutes. Every mom knows the horrific feeling of hearing your baby cry. Even five minutes feels like an eternity. After 10 minutes I have knots in my stomach and by 15 I am on the verge on vomiting and decide the “cry it out” method just plain sucks, I’m getting my baby. Sure that my husband must be feeling the same way, I look over to check with him to find he is sound asleep. I often end up in the rocker next to my bed listening to, my baby sleeping on my chest, my 2 year old sleeping soundly through the monitor, my husband snoring away and oh yes, the dog curled up next to him snoring even louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment