Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wait...these aren’t my hips. And these definitely are not my boobs

One of the sacrifices we make as a mom is definitely our body. I have to admit I was quite lucky with my first. Although I gained the normal 30-35 lbs, I think I was so overwhelmed with being a new mom that the weight came off without even noticing and thanks to my mom and genetics, I didn’t get any stretch marks. I was even enjoying having boobs for the first time since I breast-fed for the first 8 months. When I was just starting to get use to them I stopped nursing and well, they deflated. Any of you moms out there probably can relate. It’s literally like a balloon had popped. Bummer. Then baby number 2 came. Hooray the boobs are back! However this time I was not so lucky. I gained the same amount of weight but I think my body may be a little tired of this whole stretching out to accommodate a baby thing. Although the weight is gone, this belly is not quite how I remember it. Baby #1 took a toll on my upper body and baby #2 my mid-section. At least my feet still look the same.....wait a second...

No comments:

Post a Comment