Friday, January 15, 2010

I think I would have been better off before the Internet

I have always been one to read up on something of interest and research everything to the fullest extent but I took it up a notch when it came time for babies. I think I may have read every book and website regarding conceiving, being pregnant and having children. Pick a topic, I can give you some facts. Sometimes this is to my advantage, sometimes, not so much. At some point along the way I went off the deep end. I could fill pages with the things I have researched. But let’s just touch on a few. When I was pregnant I kept hearing that I should have a flu shot. I never got them but decided I should. As soon as I got home, I looked up “flu shots in pregnancy” online and proceeded to read all about how my child may have mental disabilities thanks to my wild choice to have a flu shot. I cried in the shower for an hour that afternoon. Needless to say, my child was born healthy. I have googled just about everything; the effects of microwaving food, the harmfulness of fabric softener, effects of cell phone radiation, chemicals in lotion, the cons of drinking milk, dangers of tummy sleeping and the list goes on. Now if you’re a new mom, please do not panic and research any of these topics because there is something in our brains that only remembers the negative things we read and skims over the positive. Know that my kids sleep on their tummy, drink milk and eat Easy Mac. I still have a cell phone and use lotion. Just remember what we all grew up on and seemed to make it out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment