Friday, January 15, 2010

How often do I really need to change these sheets...I mean really.

I thought putting sheets on my king size bed was a chore. That was until the crib came along. I guess it would be fine if the crib were in the middle of the room with no mobile, aquariums, or bumpers. Maybe I have just over-accessorized my crib? But seriously, I have to talk myself into taking on changing that crib sheet. I have to untie 85 bows on the bumper, remove. Lift the mattress over the aquarium toy. Break three ribs reaching the back corners. Try not to pull off the mattress pad, at least this time around. Slide mattress back down, then wash. Done. Oh no, now I have to put the sheet back on. Please Lord, help me not to curse. So you can imagine my excitement when Jackson got his big boy bed. Funny. I break my remaining ribs reaching over the headboard and footboard. The wonderful rail on the side has a great drop down feature to help with “easy bed making”. However, the rail drops down on the side of the bed so that I have to step on it to reach the mattress. And this time it’s not just a sheet. We have two sheets, pillows, blankets and quilt. At last I am done. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and vow never to do both beds on the same day again.

No comments:

Post a Comment