Thursday, January 14, 2010

Never wear sweats in public

Luckily, I learned this lesson in the comforts of my own home. As a mom, you learn to choose your attire based on totally different reasons than you did pre-mommyhood. You now base it on what to wear when nursing, whether or not your children will be consuming any food on this outing (think dark colors), can I wear heels while carrying a car seat and a two year old and of course wearing skirts and white are pretty much out of the question. But I never thought too much about wearing sweats as they are now a staple in my wardrobe until one evening. I was cooking dinner and holding Colton when Jackson, then 2, came up behind me. Before I had time to react, my sweats were at my knees. “Jackson what are you doing??” I yelled. “Checking your bottom, Mommy. Are you poopy?”

1 comment: